CASE STUDY – ALUMINUM HOT ROLLING
A major manufacturer of anodized, quality critical, hot rolled aluminum was looking for a way to increase tandem mill reductions using their existing equipment but without experiencing quality defects associated with lubrication failure at higher roll forces.
The company was looking for improvements in:
- Surface quality
- Increased reductions
- Higher mill speeds
- Consistent performance
- Reduced coolant maintenance
- Elimination of the use of hazardous biocides
- Elimination of transverse surface tearing of the strip
Quaker embarked on a joint development effort with the customer to increase productivity through improved lubricant performance, without investing capital in new or modified equipment.
The development of the QUAKERAL® THM Series of aluminum hot rolling lubricants resulted in:
- TOTAL BENEFITS EQUAL TO 5 TIMES ROLLING OIL COST
- Over $10 million per year in productivity improvements without any capital investment in new equipment