CASE STUDY – LONGWALL ROOF SUPPORT
Massey Energy works hard to achieve efficient and safe longwall operations. A major part of achieving an efficient and safe operation is selecting a hydraulic fluid that provides the following characteristics:
- Provide lubrication of the hydraulic components
- Maintain a consistency that allows effective filtering
- Prohibit the growth of bacteria and fungi
In addition, Massey requires the hydraulic fluid to provide exceptionally high performance characteristics by exhibiting the following:
- Low toxicity
- Product stability
Quaker’s QUINTOLUBRIC® 814-02 has not only met these stringent requirements but has also reduced costs by increasing productivity and by reducing downtime and maintenance requirements.
Since selecting QUINTOLUBRIC® 814-02 Massey has seen dramatic improvements in the following areas:
- Reduction in fluid maintenance
- Increase in longwall operation
- Increase in the mine’s profitability
Before using QUINTOLUBRIC® 814-02 Massey’s longwall operation experienced high levels of solenoid consumption and solenoid sticking.